What’s the best thing about Beaver Scouts?
Beavers are our youngest members, and generally meet for an hour per week. They enjoy all that Scouting has to offer; being introduced to outdoor activities, having the opportunity to be creative, explore their local community and experience the excitement of a Beaver Scout Sleepover with their friends.
The Beaver Colony is the first and youngest section of the Scout Group. Beaver Scouts are young people aged between 6 and 8 years old.
Activities, trips and making friends are all part of what makes it so much fun for girls and boys. As well as earning activity badges, many Beavers Scouts get to go on camps and sleepovers, often for the first time.
Beaver Scouts like:
- Being creative – making things and singing
- Playing games
- Going on visits and investigating nature
- Learning about themselves
- Getting to know other people
- Discovering the worlds of science, nature and technology
- Exploring the natural and manmade world
- Caring – responding to the needs of others, the local and international community