Explorer scouting in Ealing and Hanwell is delivered either through our Explorer Scout Unit Brigantia or our
Explorer Scout Unit (Young Leaders) Churchill.
With the support, direction and guidance of Unit leaders, Explorer Scouts are encouraged to lead themselves, design their own programme and work towards the top awards that Scouting offers. With exciting prospects like being a part of camps and expeditions both home and abroad; adventurous activities such as mountaineering, climbing and caving; Explorers offers fun and adventure for all. Explorers also have the opportunity to be a part of The Young Leaders’ Scheme which develops their leadership skills and sense of responsibility, by helping to run meetings for younger sections.
Explorer Units are the fourth Section of the Scouting family after Beavers, Cubs and Scouts. Explorer Scouts are young people aged between 14 and 18 years old.
- Get to try activities such as climbing, sailing, snow and motor sports
- Deliver campsite services – running activities or helping with site maintenance
- Fundraise and help in the community
- Go on camping expeditions in the UK and abroad
- Go for The Queen’s Scout Award, Duke of Edinburgh Bronze, Silver and Gold and the Explorer Belt (a 10 day challenge abroad) – all recognised by universities and employers
- Train as young leaders – working with an experienced adult, they learn how to run activities for young people aged 6 – 14.
Interested in Explorer Scouting in Ealing & Hanwell? For more info send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.